OEM clutches with KWI upgrades can handle up to 38Psi of boost, but any additional power can cause big, expensive problems. We didnâ‚¬„¢t think that was enough power, so we fixed it. Weâ‚¬„¢ve teamed up with TAPP clutch to engineer the ULTIMATE fix to your high horsepower clutching and crankshaft problems. Say goodbye to crankshaft damage and complex tuning limitations and say hello to the KWI TAPP Clutch.
*** THIS IS NOT AN OFF THE SHELF TAPP CLUTCH, THE KWI FLOAT MOD WILL ONLY WORK WITH THE KWI X TAPP CLUTCH AND KWI WILL ONLY SUPPORT TUNING FOR THE KWI X TAPP PRIMARY.
*** KWI CRANKLOCK MOD REQUIRES YOU TO SEND IN YOUR CRANKSHAFT FOR MODIFICATION. ADDITIONAL SHIPPING CHARGES MAY APPLY.
*** ONLY GROUND SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE FOR THIS ITEM. NO EXPEDITED SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE.
Thanks for your interest in purchasing the TAPP clutch. Here are a couple of important bullet points to know:
1) The KWI TAPP clutch is a very robust clutch that will handle a ton of horsepower
2) It is easy to tune and very adjustable
3) Clutch could be used in other scenarios, however, we recommend it in drag racing and/or applications over 350 wheel horsepower
As with many UTV parts/systems, there are a couple of items that TAPP has encountered that your clutch can possibly be affected by, if they arise these items may be warrantied directly by TAPP.
1) Moveable sheave bushing may bind on bearing causing sticky operation
2) Bearing to shaft tolerance could cause the bearing to stop spinning and make car hard to shift
3) Clutch sheaves may experience accelerated wear when used with certain belt compounds